Sydney demo content

My Wordpress says Sydney is installed but nothing much is showing up. Is your new Sydney just the “customize” menu with a blank page that just shows “Hello World”. For my last website a full template appeared. Why no template with this installation.?
Thanks.

Hi,

Demo content is now available in separate plugin in the newer version of Sydney. To access them, the plugin you’ll need to install is Starter Sites for Elementor. Once the plugin installed, you’ll have an additional Starter Sites menu under the Dashboard > Appearance. Yo can choose the demos to import from there.

I hope this reply helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks for replying. The title and tagline in header now do not show up in my child theme but they do on the Sydney theme. Could this be due to the problem I had with installing required plugins that it caused a glitch. My question is: should I delete my child theme (how?) and then create a new child theme to make sure all plugin elements will now work on my child theme? So in other words install plugins to theme and then create child theme? Tx.

Hi,

The customizer settings are tied to each theme. Thus the settings won’t loaded when you change the theme, even it is a child theme.

To retain the settings when you switch to a child theme, you’ll need to export the settings first and import it after enabling the child theme. To do so, you’ll need the help of this plugin:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support