Sydney-defined blocks not showing in elementor

Dear aThemes support team,

I’m working with elementor on my new website and my problem is that the Sydney-defined blocks are not showing in the elementor elements.

I wanted to create a slider of the latest news on my homepages (like in the demo content) but the elements like in the picture are nowhere to be found…

Hi,

Can I ask whether you’ve enabled the Sydney Toolbox or not?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi,

I didn’t dare to install the Sydney toolbox because the reviews are very bad. People are saying “This causes an error with the site to the point it does not allow the site to even start.” or “crashes your website if enabled” (the last bad review was written 7 days ago!)

Best regards,
Stefanie

Hi Stefanie,

Sydney Toolbox is a requeired plugin if you want to replicate our main demo site.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 17.39.48

This Import Theme dialog appears in a demo import attemp with the Starter Sites plugin. Currently, there is option without installing the Sydney Toolbox.

Regarding to the issues reported on the Sydney Toolbox plugin’s forum, perhaps they’re sites specific. But, indeed, I’ll pass them to our development team to investigate further.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

I followed the whole procedure but using the Start Sites plugin stops after 33%:

Any idea what I should change?
Thanks!

Also, what are the widget names of the 3 first widgets in the demo? https://demo.athemes.com/sydney/

I can’t find them in the Sydney Toolbox… Thanks!

That is usually caused by improper file permissions on wp-content and wp-content/uploads directories. Check them with your cPanel’s files browser and ensure 755 permissions is applied for them.

That part was made with multiple Elementor’s Icon Box widgets placed in 4 columns row.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks but 755 permissions are applied to both directories.

And the 2 other widgets (meters and counters) are also “manually” set up? We used to have a Sydney widget for this (Services, Facts, …)

Hi,

Try 777.

If, still, the import isn’t finished. Try manually importing this frontpage XML file to your website’s importer under Dashboard > Tools > Import.

Before importing, ensure Sydney Toolbox and Elementor plugins are enabled. And their versions are the latest.

Once the page imported, you can access them from Elementor editor.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support