Sydney conflict with Elementor EA

Hello

Please delete the topic in case you consider it irrelevant or inappropriate.

I am not sure if you can help me here but I have an issue with using Elementor Essential Addons (particularly Image Accordion). I have contacted their technical support and they advised to test it on another theme and it worked. Therefore somehow it’s a problem of Sydney.

This is the issue:
“I need some help with EA Image Accordion.
Although there is an option to adjust overlay color, it doesn’t seem to be working properly. I would like to set overlay effect for hover only and I tried to decrease the overlay color opacity down to 0 but the slides still remain very dark.

Is there any solution?”

Hello there,

Try adding the below CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.elementor-widget-eael-image-accordion .overlay {
      opacity: 0 !important;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis! It worked but with a side effect. Slide title and text content on hover also disappeared.

Hello there,

Please share a link to the related page, so I can get the exact CSS selector to use.

Regards,
Kharis

Unfortunately I can’t do it, my website is still in the maintenance mode. I tried to search and that’s what I found. I don’t know if it can help

Thank you for the source code screenshot. Please try this code:

.eael-img-accordion > a:after {
      opacity: 0;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Nope. Text didn’t show up but overlay on hover disappeared

Have you removed the code I initially suggested before?

.elementor-widget-eael-image-accordion .overlay {
      opacity: 0 !important;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

I tried to remove it but then dark overlay came back along with the text…

Hello there,

Try this code:

.eael-img-accordion .overlay {
      background-color: transparent;
    }    
    .eael-img-accordion > a:after {
      opacity: 0;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Good God… I’m so sorry for wasting your time but it didn’t solve the problem. The last code you provided gives an image without any overlay and with text, however the text opacity isn’t 100%, it’s slightly transparent.

I tried to change the opacity in your code to 0.5 for example, it brought back the overlay but the text opacity is still low

Hello there,

I am sorry, it’s the hardest part I can handle. I think you should contact the plugin’s author who knows best about it.

Regards,
Kharis

No worries, I totally understand. Thanks for your efforts anyway