Sydney and bbPress Search function show no results

I’m using the free version of Sydney for our website theme with no modifications to any code. When doing a bbPress search it shows no results. I have tried deactivating all plugins and get the same blank page result. However, when I switch themes (WP Seventeen theme), the bbPress search function works as it should by showing a page full of results.

What can I do to fix this in the Sydney theme?

Hello there,

To know the exact issue you’re having and help us avoid misunderstanding, please share a link to your bbPress page so I can try.

Regards,
Kharis

you can go to http://skysoaring.com/forums/ to try out the search function.

Hello there,

I tried it. Thank you for sharing. I feel the issue isn’t with Sydney theme. It might be particular configuration in bbPress. To confirm it, try temporarily switching to one of default WordPress themes and re-run your test.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis, I have tried it with both twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen and the search works as it is suppose to. I get a full page of search results.

When I go back to the sydney theme the search displays zero results.
Regards,
Don

Hello Kharis, have you been able to work on this problem?

Regards,
Don

Search function on bbPress still displays a blank page. Works fine if I switch themes to a WP theme.
bbPress version 2.5.14.

Any progress in getting this bug fixed?

Hello there,

After doing deeper inspection, the content-search.php file overrides the default template of bbPress’ forum search page. At this time, please delete this file from Sydney theme’s folder. We’ll update it with better solution for next update.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis, that has resolved the problem. The search is functioning properly. We look forward to the permanent fix in an upcoming update.

Regards,
Don

You’re welcome!

Sure we’ll address this problem and hopefully the newer version be available shortly.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,
I have updated the Sydney theme to 1.55 and we are back to the same problem. The search function just shows a blank page of results. If I delete or rename the content-search.php file in the themes/sydney folder, the search function works as it should, displaying the results.

Regards,
Don

Hello Don,

The development in 1.55 is not prioritised for bbPress search page because we didn’t receive similar report from other users. Probably we’ll do it in 1.56. Sorry for the inconvenience. At this time, delete manually the content-search.php again.

Regards,
Kharis