Support for Header and Footer-Elemtor PlugIns

Hello,
I have now read it in older posts, but have not found any actual posts: Could it be that Sydney does not support plugins that swap the header or footer? Or do I just have a problem??

I would like to use the “Elementor - Header, Footer & Blocks Template” PlugIn (https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-footer-elementor/). But when I activate a custom footer on a particular page, the page fails to load.
Anybody have an idea what I can do? Or does anyone have another idea how I can comfortably change the footer or the widgets there (similar to Elementor).

Hello,

First thanks for using our Sydney theme!

We did a test now with “Elementor - Header, Footer & Blocks Template” and the plugin works normally with the theme.

The mentioned issue is happening only in a particular page ? In the others pages the plugin works ?

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello,
I have just tried it again. It happens on all pages, unfortunately. However, I have solved my problem differently for now and will try a fresh installation again in the next few days.

Hello,

Great that you figured this out!

Sure, please try in a clean and fresh install and let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

I just tested it in a new, fresh wordpress installation: Same result! As soon as I activate the theme Sydney, the page can no longer be loaded, if e.g. a simple footer is activated.
If I change the design to another theme, everything works again. If I deactivate the footer and activate Sydney again, it also works. Too bad it doesn’t work.

In the Browser Console I get the following error:
Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘a.classList’)
setup (functions.min.js:1:376)
displayButton (functions.min.js:1:528)
init (functions.min.js:1:246)
(anonymous function) (functions.min.js:1:3702)

I have left Sydney and the problem active, so that you can see the error. https://am-bruderhaus.de/wp/

Hello,

Thanks for your tests. I did a new test again and really there’s a issue. The problem is that the Header & Footer plugin removes the Scroll To Top button code that is inside the default Sydney footer.

We will fix that in a future version of the theme. For now you can go to the plugin options and select the Method 2.

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support