Subscribe Widget

I’m trying to get the subscribe widget to work on my front page. I followed the directions per the documentation to integrate w/ mail chimp but my form isn’t showing up- A field to put your email address and a submit button shows up but it doesn’t do anything. Help on this would be great. Thanks!

And now it’s giving me this message and I am unable to login to wordpress dashboard:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/kelhar34/micahandkelsey.com/wp-content/themes/quill/widgets/fp-subscribe.php on line 146

Well, you probably edited the fp-subscribe.php file and made a mistake. Did you do this from a FTP client or from the dashboard?

yes, i did-from the dashboard in the editor section. i changed something, saved it, then went back and took it out. when i took it out thats when i got the error message

I’m back in the dashboard but I am unsure about how to actually get the form URL to work from mail chimp to the subscribe widget. there is another URL they give but it isn’t called a form action url. is that it? if not, could you please point me to where it may be?

I made a screenshot so you can see the URL: http://snag.gy/tEvcf.jpg