Submenu item color on hover - Astrid

hi,

after many attempts in custom css, I’m still not getting any result on changing the background color of submenu items.
they show a black background, although the main menu has a transparent (or white?) background.
any ideas on how to fix this?

http://julieverlindenphotography.com/

hover over “galleries”

thank you!

Hello @juliekever,

Can you please explain what exactly you want to achieve?

Kind Regards, Roman.

hi Roman,

Thank you for responding.
Upon hovering over the submenu buttons, they show up with a black background and grey text. I would like to change that background color to something clear, preferably white with black text (just like the main menu buttons).

Hello @juliekever,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

#mainnav.main-navigation ul ul {
    background-color: white;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank you.
I had already tried applying this additional CSS in my Cusom CSS as well as the Syle.css, it has no effect at all.

I must admit, only now do I realize I should have created a child theme. I never looked in to it, and I now see how complex it is to create it on an already adjusted parent theme.
However, I don’t understand how this can prevent the additional effect from making the submenu buttons white in stead of black. (the main menu looks fine, has a white background).

Julie

Hello Julie,

I have just checked your website but I don’t see submenu anymore. Do you still need help?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I removed them because I was expecting more traffic in the next couple of days and I wanted to avoid people seeing the strange black buttons. I just added one submenu button again to show you what happens, (sub page to Galleries in the main menu).

Thank you

Julie

Hello Julie,

How exactly you added that CSS code?

Kind Regards, Roman.

hi Roman,

I added it in the Simple Custom CSS. I also tried adding it to the style.css, but I see no change happening either way.

Thank you,
Julie

Hello Julie,

Please add that CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS, remove it from everywhere else, and leave a notification here.

Kind Regards, Roman.

This worked!
thank you so much Roman. you are a true genius :slight_smile:

Julie

You are welcome Julie! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.