Sub-page (privacy policy) not responding after WP and Syndey update

Hello

I have a WEBSITE and I am having a problem with my SUBPAGE after I updated to the latest WP and Sydney (and other plugins).

The problem that I am having is, when I click on my link for Privacy policy page (link on bottom of page - Politika zasebnosti), the subpage does not open.

The link I have created is in my Sydney Child: Theme Footer (footer.php) so I do not know if it overwrote something in there. Also the page can be edited in Elementor shen I go to Pages and open in there and I can edit it. Also, after I visit this subpage, that appears all white (no content), and than try to go to my start page (domain name) the start page also shows all white (no content).

Thank you for your help.

Best regards & Best wishes for the the New year to all of you,
BR

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues. I am happy to help out.

To check whether this issue is caused by Sydney theme or something else, can you try temporarily switching theme to one of default WordPress themes like Twenty Twenty?

To do this privately, you can enable troubleshooting mode with the help of this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/health-check/.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis

I managed to repair the issue I had.

I created a link to my Subpage Privacy Policy, that did not show, in my Sydney Child: Theme Footer (footer.php). When updating WP and Sydney e.g. Plugins, the part of my href changed, it added a space between the “href=” and the “httml…” part, and also it added the “www”, which maybe, or maybe not had the influence on the problem I had.

So if anyone has the same problem, with the design as I had, go to the Sydney Child: Theme Footer (footer.php) erase the space between and insert the copied link for your Pages -Permalink for that page, Clear Cache and Update site.

Thank you Kharis for your answer. I wish you all a Happy New Year.

Best regards,
BR

1 Like

Hi,

Glad to hear that you were able to manage it by yourself. And thank you for sharing the walk-through. I really appreciate it!

I wish you a Happy New Year!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support