Stuck in Parse Error

Hi,
I tried removing “Powered by…” from footer and it created an error in function.php
I copied the code from my backup and pasted again in the file i was working upon but still the same error.
The point to notice is now the code is same as the old one which had no errors before i made changes as i had copy/paste from the backup.

Now i uploaded the file from my backup this time and replaced it.
But still no change.Still stuck on the page of Parse Error:.

I had re-uploaded the entire folder again and it resolved the problem but made my work more tedious.

This time,after re-uploading the entire website i tried commenting and uncommenting the codes which i dont need(or needed) but still creating an error sometimes of “;” or sometimes of “/”.

Followed every steps from the topics “Beginner’s Guide to Pasting Snippets from the Web into WordPress”
“Fixing Parse error” and many others.

Stuck badly… :frowning: Please HELLLLPPPP
(PS.Recently updated Astrid Theme)

Hello @aashi,

I’m not sure what is your issue. Can you please specify it more precisely?

By the way, you change footer credits in Customizer very easily with Astrid Pro plugin.

Kind Regards, Roman.

A little bit of change in any php file is making my website inaccessible…
It create syntax errors… So I re-entered the previous code from my backup files still the same error…

For now I have made offline changes and reuploaded the whole website. But this is not the solution right?

Hello @aashi,

Well, if you can’t modify .php files, then, as an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello @roman sir,
I want to know that the php file works fine on my local wordpress… but when I make the same changes on my live side through dashboard, it doesn’t work. Why?
I had made offline changes and uploaded the website with changes in php files and its working fine.
But I wamt to make the changes online only.
How to achieve this?
Thanks

Hello @aashi,

Looks like your issue requires close inspection, this goes beyond our support policy.

As I said, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.