Strange background behind widget with services

Hi.
In www.xoreytis.gr we use the sydney pro theme with a static front page.
The front page has some rows with widgets.
In the second and third row, the widgets bring out services from the theme with background pictures.
But while scrolling down the page, behind those two rows appears a grey background behind the photos, which i cannot find to change it or deactivate it.

Please help.

Hello Georgios,

Can you please try to use higher background images and see if it helps?

Kind Regards, Roman.

i\m attaching an image
while scrolling down a grey background appears before and between the 2 rows with the widget of services behind the background picture

I’m having the same issue… I saw another thread with a possible solution by adding a text widget and entering BR to the same row but that didn’t stop the image from moving to reveal grey background behind the background image. I even made the image much bigger to see if that would fix it but that didn’t work either.

Need help…

Don’t worry, I just changed the image to something even bigger and it fixed the problem. just means I couldn’t use my original for some reason even though it’s only slightly smaller.

Hi sewyou, can you share the dimensions of the image that worked ?

Hello Georgios,

Please try to use Full HD image, 1920×1080px.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi again.

I changed to full hd 1920x1080, the same issue, although the photo has light colors, it all seems darker with the grey background.

Next experiment, i removed the background photo from the row.
I put background picture in the widget, edit, background.
and the result is, picture showing only in the title area and not in the whole widget or row, but with the right colors.

see attached image

Hello Georgios,

Can you please specify what is your current issue and what exactly you want to achieve?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, as you see in the previous post the attached image. there is a widget of services, and in the background of the widget exists a photo full hd 1920×1080, but the photo only shows in the title of the widget as a narrow line and not in the background of the whole widget.

Hello Georgios,

What happens when you add row background (not widget background)?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi.

When i add the backgroud picture, in the row background , there is a grey shade behind showind (see previous answers and attached image).

When i add the background picture in the widget background, it shows only in the title ( but in mobile view the picture seems ok).

Thanks

Hello Georgios,

Please try to use even taller image as a row background (not widget background), something like 2000×2000px.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi.

I used a photo 3971 × 2808 in the background row.
Still the same, photo is in all the aera of the row (this is OK) but with a grey background (this is not OK) which mess up the colors of the photo and while scrolling the grey background goes up and down. Don’t have a clue why these happens?

Hello Georgios,

I have just checked your website but it looks like you reverted your change. Please do what I mentioned above and leave a notification here if you still want me to help.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi again.

I placed the background photos in the row. You can see them in www.xoreytis.gr
Scroll down between the rows and you will see a grey background messing the photos.

I am attaching you the photos, the are with light colors, but not showing as the are. Everything is darker due to the background we are trying to fix.

Please check it.

Thanks.

Hello Georgios,

Please try to crop them to make them square and try again.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi, i cropped a photo in the second row, still the same problem

Hello Georgios,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in DashboardAppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.panel-row-style {
    background-position: 50% 0 !important;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Great thanks!!!
this worked…