Stop Testimonial Widget Slider

Hi all,

I would like my testimonials widget to stop from sliding altogether, so that readers can simply click the bubbles at the bottom to go to the next testimonial when they are ready.

I don’t want to change the timing (long story) - I just want them to stop altogether. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

Kezia

Dear Kezia,

I would like to apologize in advance for I couldn’t exactly get your objective. Is there any live example illustrating it?

Regards,
Kharis

Sorry, Kharis. Yes, please see www.keziarohde.com

Thanks so much!

Kezia

Dear Kezia,

Try to edit the widget, and then increase the value of Autoplay time option. Is 20000 enough?

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis. That’s the only thing I could think of as well, but was wondering if there were any changes to the code I could make to stop it? It’s strange that you can stop the header slider by assigning 0ms but that you cannot do the same with this widget!

Thanks so much for your help :slight_smile:

Kezia

Dear Kezia,

Try to use 999999. So the delay will be very long; no body will take that long to read your testimonial.

I think this is the most simple way to stop it instead of touching its code.

Doesn’t it work for you?

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks so much, Kharis. I will definitely try this. The problem isn’t with how long it takes to read the testimonials but more about the slider constantly changing the height of the background image and causing the rest of the page to move up and down when you are trying to read it!! It’s quite annoying!!

I think this should be a good fix, as I’d prefer not to have to move the testimonials right to the bottom of the page.

I really appreciate your help, Kharis. Thank you :slight_smile:

Dear Kezia,

You’re welcome!

To do equal height on each testimonial item, try to do the following steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box

jQuery(function($) {

$(window).on('load resize', function() {

var testiItem = $('.roll-testimonials .customer');
    var maxHeight = -1;

testiItem.each(function() {
      maxHeight = maxHeight > $(this).height() ? maxHeight : $(this).height();
    });

testiItem.each(function() {
      $('.roll-testimonials .owl-wrapper-outer').height(maxHeight);
      $(this).height(maxHeight);
    });

});

});

1. Update

You would need to clear your web browser’s cache before reloading your homepage to see the jQuery code addition takes effect.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much, Kharis. You are wonderful! :slight_smile:

Awesome! I am glad to know that the code worked for you. You’re always welcome here!

If you enjoyed Sydney and our support service, would you mind rate it here:https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/sydney#postform like some of our users did? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis