Still can't create single header image on static front page

Hi all!

I see this posted about with some frequency, but I’ve read through all the threads I could find without actually seeing a resolution with the code and fix posted.

I would like for my static front page to display the same header image as the other pages on my site. I do not want the slider option.

My site is at idoiagkikas.com. I’m running WordPress 4.4.1 with the current Quill theme.

Your help is deeply appreciated!

Okay, I got help from a friend. She had me change this in the header.php file:

<header id=“masthead” class=“site-header <?php echo $active_slider; ?> <?php echo $has_banner; ?>” role=“banner”>
<?php if (!is_front_page()) : ?>
<div class=“header-overlay”></div>
<?php endif; ?>

to this:

<header id=“masthead” class=“site-header has-banner” role=“banner”>
<div class=“header-overlay”></div>

I don’t know if there’s a more elegant way to accomplish this, but it did the trick. I hope it helps someone else :slight_smile:

Hello there,

Thanks for update. We are gald to hear that you have managed to resolve this by yourself. It is correct solution, just make sure that you apply that change from child theme header.php file. In this way changes will stack after theme updates.

I’ll mark topic as resolved.

All the Best!

I apologize for resurrecting a year old topic, but my issue pertains to this code modification.

I replaced the code as mentioned above however, my title is now below the slider, not over it as it originally was. (www.broadswordfitness.com)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

@brdswrd1

Hello,

You are currently using Perth theme and not Quill. Please create topic within Perth category and explain what you want to achieve there.

Best Regards!

@dimikjones

Yes, I am using the Perth theme, now. I made the switch after finding it fit my needs better than the Quill theme.

Thank you for checking in!