Static Header Collapses and Flickers

Hey there,
This is the website in question: . This is my first website and my first theme which looks superb! I have an issue, the header menu in the “information” and “contact” page collapses into the pages when the header is set to static. Also in the “information” page, when you scroll up from the bottom of the page to the header you will see a flicker of black in the header bar. How would you fix this bug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kevin

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

Please share your site URL here, so I can inspect and troubleshoot the problem you mentioned.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
Apologies, I thought I had already linked it in the original post, but it looks like I didn’t!

My site

Hey Kharis,
I understand that you’re busy because you’re always answering questions on this help forum! I’m grateful that I even got some help. Do you have any ideas on how I would bring the static header “up” in my “information” and “contact” page? Because right now the static header is in-line with the the title of those pages.

Thanks!

Hello there,

I would like to apologize in advance for the long delay.

Please add the CSS code below into your site’s additional CSS option (Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS).

.site-header{
  position: static !important;
}

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis that worked! How would I fix the flicker of the header when I scroll the page? Also how would you change the background color of the header, because right now it’s showing a region of my front page’s picture.

Thanks!

Hello there,

Please try adding this CSS code:

.site-header.float-header{
  background-color: transparent;
  padding-top: 20px !important;
  padding-bottom: 20px !important;  
}  

body:not(.home) .site-header{
  background-color: #fff !important;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis! That worked.

My pleasure!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here:https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/sydney#postform like some of our users did? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Regards,
Kharis

Yep sure!