Static Front Page

Hi,

I recently installed WEST. I wish to use a single page layout - only clicking out to 2 PDF menus from the homepage.

I may have started off all wrong - I created a page so I could set my static front page. I had to name it and now I cant change the permalink. I just want the homepage to be www.luluvietnamese.com.au

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hello @emilyalys,

You can set your home page by going to your Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading -> configure Front page displays -> scroll down and click Save Changes.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman for your response. All worked out. Very easy!

Another question I had was whether it is possible to remove the page border on the posts page? I would just like on image on the page when you click into “Eat” or “Drink” but cant get rid of the border!

Would be great if it would fit the width of the page.

Thanks again,

Emily

Hello Emily,

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Here’s the page I’m talking about - there is a box around the post as you can see.

http://www.luluvietnamese.com.au/openingsoon/eat/

Also - for some reason nothing has changing for my homepage.

It should read luluvietnamese.com/eat (the ‘opening page’ page was made to create a static front page)

Thank you!

Okay Emily,

Please try to use the following CSS code to remove the border.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

.hentry {
    border: none !important;
}

I’m not sure about home page, can you please explain it in detail?

Kind Regards, Roman.