Special character / umlaut Services Widget

Dear team,

love the theme Perth, just came across something I’d be glad if you could help me. I am using the Services Widget - and one of the titles contains an ‘Ü’ - it displays fine on desktop, but it turns into a ‘U’ on the mobile Version. All other special characters and umlauts on the site are working perfectly fine on all versions. I am using only this one umlaut in the services widget title which is the one displayed incorrectly, all the other umlauts in the services widget content are also fine. I am using two google fonts, both display all the special characters fine on all versions, except for this one in the service widget title.

It would be great if you could help me!
Thanks in advance,
Gladys

Hello Gladys,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

thank you for your fast reply the link to the site is
My Site

Thank you,
Gladys

PS: The ‘patient’ is under Dienstleistungen > PICKERL ÜBERPRÜFUNG

Hello Gladys,

I have just checked your website on Android phone and discovered an interesting thing. Chrome browser shows U, but Firefox shows Ü. So I think that it’s a browser issue. Maybe it can’t display that font properly. You can try to change the font and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman.

I got a similar problem here on http//www.glaskluwe.de
First Service should be “Glas nach Maß” as I entered it when I edit the Service.
Secend Service is ok with the umlaut “Gutachter Sachverständiger”

Maybe it is a problem with the automatic uppercase of the title and there is no uppercase for ß?
So, how can a keep it an ‘ß’ in the title?

Thanks for your support,
Jörg

Hello Jörg,

Try to use the following CSS code to disable automatic uppercase in service titles. You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.service .service-title {
    text-transform: none;
}

Please feel free to create a new topic in order to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

a little late, but I wanted to give you the feedback that it worked like this.
Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Jörg

1 Like