Space between site title and site description

Hi,
I have two issues with my site title:

1. I’m using a special font for my site title, and it shows up nicely and bigger than the site description on my computer. But when I look at the page on my phone, the title is smaller than the description. How can I solve this? (See www.ericvohr.com)

2. I also tried to minimize the space between my site title and the site description, but what I’m trying is not working. This was it:
    .site-description {
    margin-top: -30px;
    text-align: center;
    }
    Again, it looks okay on my desktop, but on my phone the site description creeps into my title. Any ideas here?

Thanks a lot,
Eric

Hello Eric,

Please try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    .site-title {
        font-size: 70px !important;
    }
}

.site-description {
    line-height: 1;
    margin-top: 10px;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
Thanks a lot. I added the following code, and it looks perfect on my desktop, and almost perfect on my phone:

@media (max-width: 767px) {
	.site-title {
        font-size: 70px !important;
        }
        .site-description {
        margin-top: -0px !important;
        }
}

.site-description {
    line-height: 1;
    margin-top: -20px;
	margin-left: 20px;
}

The only issue in the mobile view is that the header with the site title, site description and menu seems to be shown above the image, instead of on top - sorry, that sounds weird. I mean, this top part should lie OVER the image, but it seems to come BEFORE the image. Maybe it’s easier to understand when you have a look at the site on your phone: ericvohr.com.
It would be great if you could show me how to make this look as nice as the desktop version, where the header section blends nicely into the image and lies like a transparent layer over the photo.
Thanks a lot,
Eric

Hello Eric,

Please check this topic:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Great, thank you so much. No it looks super sleek and clean!

You are welcome Eric! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.