Soundcloud and Spotify link

Hello guys!

First of all, a big thank you for making such a beautiful template available for free. I’ve used it to make the site of a record label, here:

www.gravitationalattraction.com

I was wondering if you could allow us to integrate a Soundcloud and Spotify link using the “Social Profile” widget, the one you need to set-up a menu with links to social profiles to work.

Do you think it will be possible?

Thank you,
M.

Hello,

Sure, it’s possible. The icons already exist, you only need to set them like this from your style.css or from a custom CSS plugin:

.social-widget a[href*="soundcloud.com"]::before,
.social-area a[href*="soundcloud.com"]::before {
	content: '\f1be';
}
.social-widget a[href*="spotify.com"]::before,
.social-area a[href*="spotify.com"]::before {
	content: '\f1bc';
}

Thank you Vlad! Is it possible to add the same for the “employees”? to link each profile to their personal sound cloud page?

I see you’re only using FB for the employees so you could change one of the others for soundcloud. Go to /widgets/fp-employees.php and find&replace fa-twitter with fa-soundcloud. Or the fa-linkedin or fa-google-plus, whichever you’re not using. Then from the social icons fields were you added your links for FB, simply add your link for Soundcloud in the field you’ve replaced.

Of course, this is better done in a child theme.

Hello Vlad, Thank you for your valuable support. I’ve done what you explain above and it works, however when I created a child theme folder and added a “style.css” file with the instruction to load the parent theme settings things went a little weird. For instance the icon loaded into the “customize” panel for the menu disappear and i get the welcome message of the site. Do I have to load any other file in the child theme?

I know this is not a “moesia” issue but a general thing, but it will be great if you could assist me in any case.

Thanks
M.

I would like to help but I don’t really understand what you’re saying.

the icon loaded into the “customize” panel for the menu disappear and i get the welcome message of the site

Not sure what the above means.

But I think you’re referring to the fact that certain settings are removed when you use the child theme? That’s normal to happen.

?Yes that’s probably the case, i’ll try a little more to figure out what’s happening. What about the issue with employees images instead?

I’m sorry, I had another look at this topic and I don’t see you mentioning any employees images issue. What are you referring to?

I’m sorry, this thread here:

Replied there, sorry, I missed that one.

Amazing, Thanks a lot!