Something wrong with the new update

Hello, I just updated the theme and a whole bunch of plugins and it seems to have messed up my website a bit. All my pages look weird now, the header covers the text of each page (except home page) and it doesn’t shrink the way it used to when I scroll down the pages. Please help. Link here

Also, in addition I just noticed that my website has an “i with circle around it” on the address bar and when I click on it, it says “your connection to this site is not secure”. Any idea what that’s about?

thank you!

Hello there,

To fix it, try adding the below custom CSS code:

@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

.page-wrap{
    margin-top: 97px;
  }

}

You can do it through Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Also, in addition I just noticed that my website has an “i with circle around it” on the address bar and when I click on it, it says “your connection to this site is not secure”

It is indicating your site doesn’t use SSL. Please this useful article which talks about it.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
Thanks, it worked for the pages, but now it did something new to the home page. The home page is not supposed to show the header until you start scrolling, but now it shows it there and it’s sticky. Is there another code I can use to put it back the way it was?
thanks again

Hello Marta,

Thank you for updating me. Please try to replace the code I suggested with this one:

@media only screen and (min-width:992px){

body:not(.home) .page-wrap{
    margin-top: 97px;
  }

}

The code above means it will only be read on non-homepages.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you very much! You’re always so helpful Kharis :slight_smile:

No worries. Just go easy on it. :slight_smile:

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here:https://wordpress.org/support/view/theme-reviews/sydney#postform? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Regards,
Kharis