Some issues

Hi!

First of all, I want to thank you for a great free theme! :slight_smile:

I’m having some issues… and I’m hoping you can help me.

Firstly:
I’ve used ‘Page Builder’ to create a static Front Page and made every other row show a background image. When scrolling the page there is this beautiful parallax effect happening, but the background image is not covering the whole row and you see the background color that’s behind the background image. I have looked around in the settings of ‘Page Builder’ to see if I’ve missed something. Can you help?
Here’s a screendump:
Background problem

Problem 2:
When viewing the site on a mobile device, there seem to be some problems with responsiveness. In this case the ‘sticky menu’ is not positioned on top of the ‘above masthead’ image, but instead above the image.
Here’s a screendump:
Menu above masthead

Problem 3:
Also, on mobile devices, there ‘sticky menu’ isn’t sticky, but remains all the way on the top of the webpage.
Here’s a screendump:
Not so sticky menu

Thankful for any help!

/Martin Johansson
www.maj7.se

Dear Martin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

> Problem 1

I tried to use your image background to replicate the parallax effect on my testing site, but the issue doesn’t seem to happen here. I thought there might be a JS conflict issue which might be triggered by other plugins. What will happen if you temporarily deactivate all non-required plugins? Once you have done deactivating them, you would need to clear your browser’s cache before reloading your site.

> Problem 2 & 3.

I’m afraid that they aren’t considered as the theme’s issues. They are designed as the way they should. So the header won’t consume much spaces of the mobile device’s screen. But they don’t seem to meet your need. In order to achieve your objective, try to add the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin.

@media only screen and (max-width:991px){

#masthead.site-header.fixed{
    position: fixed !important;
  }

}

Regards,
Kharis

Hi again!

Thank you for the swift reply! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I tried to turn off the plugins one by one and bad guy was Jetpack from wordpress.com. There’s something in that plugin that doesn’t work so well with the theme… So I guess I have to find other plugins for the functions I use in Jetpack.

I tried to use the custom CSS you provided, and while it DID make the menu sticky, the logotype (maj7) that I wanted to be placed on top of the background picture on the ‘welcome screen’, just as it is when viewed on full sized screen, is still above the picture. It’s more of an aesthetic thing, actually, than a practical one… Is there any CSS I could use for that, that you’d like to help me with?

Thank you again for the great, and swift, reply!

Best regards,

/Martin

Dear Martin,

Thank you for updating me.

Could you please try to add the following CSS code?

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px){

.site-header{
    background-color: transparent !important;
  }

}

@media only screen and (max-width: 991px){

#masthead.site-header{
    background-color: transparent !important;
    position: fixed !important;
  }

}

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi again!

Sorry for the late reply.

I just wanted to thank you for the great support! It all worked out well!

Thank you!

/Martin

Dear Martin,

Thank you for updating me.

I am glad they are all working for you! Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

If you don’t mind, could you please rate our Sydney theme here? We would highly appreciate it if you do so.

Regards,
Kharis