Social Network: Xing?

Hello Vlad,
I need to add Xing to my social network menu. Is there a chance that you integrate it like you do with Linkedin?
Thank you.
Br,
Lisa

Hello,

You can add this:

.social-widget a[href*="xing.com"]::before,
.social-area a[href*="xing.com"]::before {
	content: '\f168';
}

Also wanted to let you know that I implemented what you asked regarding the use of the services/employees/testimonials widgets multiple times with different information. The update will be available tomorrow.

Vlad thats double great!!
First of all, Xing works and second I really appreciate your fast work on the service widget. Looking forward to implement and test it tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for this amazing support.

Hi There,
I’m pretty new to Wordpress. Or better: long absent.
I’ve the same problem but where do I add the code you provided, Vlad?
And also I want to integrate Xing profiles in the employees section.
How do I do this?

Further I’ve the problem that the client’s carousel isn’t working. The logos are just vertically arranged. I use Wordpress 4.1.
Same thing with the projects section. The Images don’t open in a lightbox. Only the featured images opens in a new tab.

Best,
Mirsch

Ok, I got it working for the social widget.
Please help me with the rest. Thanks.

Can you please post a link to your website so I can see what’s wrong?

Thanks for your prompt reply. Here’s the link:
http://www.suedplatz-media.de/sued/wordpress/

Set the front page template for your front page please.

Ah yes… sometimes it’s just too easy. :slight_smile:
Thank you very much.
And any idea how I can add the xing profile in the emplyees section (which I use for the partners)?

That’s not possible unless you’re able to overwrite the widget yourself from a child theme, sorry.

Hi Vlad,
bummer to hear. Is it possible to reprogram the available fields such as twitter or google plus an use one them for xing?

Best,
Mirko

It would be possible, but again, a child theme would be required. If you’re comfortable with making this change after every theme update you can go to fp-employees.php, search for fa-twitter and replace with fa-xing. Then add your Xing profile in the Twitter field. I’ll see if we can make some changes to this in a future update.

Vlad, ok, and thank you very much for your help.

:slight_smile: