Social Icons AND Favicons

I am loving the Sydney Theme but I have 2 issues so I hope you can help.

1, Where are the pre-installed social icons? I can install a plugin; however, I read the Sydney Theme came with them.

1. My Favicon covers Titles of Posts and Blogs. I have resized the Favicon but the theme doesn’t allow me to save and use. Anyway, I like having the Favicon. Is there a way around this issue? Maybe move it or something…

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

freewebsiteandhosting.org

1. As I said in the other topic, the social icons only work as a front page block. You’re not using your front page like on our demo (see at the bottom), so you have no use for the built-in social widget.
  2. Go to Customize > Header Type and select no header for your secondary pages. Right now you have the header image mode selected but you don’t have an image. Also, that’s a logo, not a favicon :slight_smile:

No, you have not answered my questions.

I AM USING your Front Page but that’s okay, I can install a plugin. I am tired of repeating myself!

I want the full page slider. My favicon is covering the titles on pages and blogs. HOW CAN I FIX THIS? I did as you said but all that did was remove my slider images. Not helpful! THAT IS MY FAVICON, by the way!

Well, clearly I am not able to help you.

That may be so…

I will continue to ask for help…thank you!

1 answer down and 1 to go…I’d teach you but then it might trigger your memory…

So you’re not capable of understanding a simple answer, you don’t even know what a favicon is and on top of that you’re rude while asking for free help for a free theme? It was fun while it lasted but it’s time for you to go away now.

It takes a person to know what he’s doing…that’s first!
I know what a Favicon is…perhaps you should look within the Header features…you’ll learn! I’m glad it’s FREE…certainly wouldn’t pay for your support! It’s time for you to listen!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Now leave me alone please, I’m going to go familiarize myself with Sydney and WordPress in general.

You’re very welcome! I’m sorry if you THOUGHT I was bothering you but I am just replying to your comments. Oh good…go learn your trait so it will do you good! I will return! Thanks!

@ vlad… i have some issues with the ‘real’ favicon. i found the calling for in the header.php but where do i put the .jpg or how do i modifie the line that it finds my favicon (favicon.jpg)

<link rel=“shortcut icon” href="<?php echo esc_url(get_theme_mod(‘site_favicon’));

thx

regars

btw. best theme ever!

@benw: There’s an option for it in Customize > General.

Wow this OP is rude AF

Hi Vlad - Could you explain how to feature the social icons on the front page in the footer. I’ve used a custom menu and incorporated links - but would prefer to use the icons? Can’t seem to find them? Do you need to set up a widget? Doesn’t appear to be that facility? Great theme by the way! Many thanks