Small template adjustments & queries

Good day,

I’m just gonna try to keep it brief and precise. Below are things that I’d like to do / solve, if you could point me in the right direction.

• Remove the page titles from pages (my employer wants to use h1 tags in the editor instead)

• The header images aren’t showing up on some pages (see https://www.rentacarbarbados.com/; most pages don’t display but pages I added after like /bws-car-choose, displays the header image)

• There is a 3rd party plugin that we use on several other sites called Faq Responsive. However, it seem to not function correctly using your theme (see https://www.rentacarbarbados.com/faq)(For how it should be working, see https://www.carrentalsbarbados.com/frequently-asked-questions). Is there anything that you could think of that would cause this, that we can fix? If not, is there any plugin you would recommend that works similarly or any widget or plugin that came with the Sydney Pro theme that could replace it.

-After the website is done, is there any way to remove any widgets or plugins that came in a bundle set that we aren’t utilizing? My boss is very antsy about having all of them.

Is it possible to move the support over to via email as I would like to CC my employer?

Cheers,
Kimberly.

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

To remove the page titles from pages, could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

.page .entry-header{
  display: none;
}

> The header images aren’t showing up on some pages

It happens because the “Featured header image” is being enabled, but the there is no featured image been set.

> – There is a 3rd party plugin that we use on several other sites called Faq Responsive. However, it seem to not function correctly …

I inspected your FAQ page. The web browser’s console is displaying a JS error which comes from Product Catalog plugin which might be causing the FAQ won’t behave properly as it should. Please try to temporarily deactivate the Product Catalog plugin.

> After the website is done, is there any way to remove any widgets or plugins that came in a bundle set that we aren’t utilizing?

It isn’t an easy task to achieve, I am afraid. You have to edit the core code which isn’t recommended as it possibly breaks everything.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks so much for you response.

I’ve removed the page titles. Thanks for that.

But haven’t been able to fix the problem with the image header or the FAQ.

• So I understand the advise you gave before, and when I do set the featured image, it shows in the image header. But what my boss wants is that the header images randomly rotate on each page. So like when you refresh a single page, the header image would change. Not being set to one specific image header. I’ve found that if the page template is Default, it works that way he wants. But when I change to other templates (Featured Header Image - Wide is what we want to use), it doesn’t show.

• I deactivated the Catalog plugin and the FAQ still doesn’t work as it should. In the last site we did, we had both of these plugins (Huge IT Catalog and Faq Responsive) being utilized with no problems.

Thanks again!

Hello there,

> But what my boss wants is that the header images randomly rotate on each page.

It isn’t supported by the theme’s core code. I am afraid. I would strongly suggest you hire a freelancer to achieve such that task. You can find him at https://codeable.io or https://www.upwork.com

Regarding to the FAQ issue, do you still need an assistance with this matter? Please advise.

Regards,
Kharis

I do still need help with the FAQ if that’s possible.

Thanks again, Kharis

Cheers,
Kimberly.

Sorry, I spoke to soon about random header image. This option only works with these tempates: Default, Front page, and Full width. It seems like you are currently using a custom template you developed. Would you please try to replicate the header template associated with the mentioned templates?

To reduce the excess space, try adding the following CSS code:

.page .page-wrap,
.page .page-wrap .content-wrapper{
  padding-top: 0;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Cheers! Both of those problems are sorted.

• Is there anything we can do about the FAQ? If not, is there any plugin you can recommend that could do the same but work?

• Would it be possible to get the menu shifted down a bit. I’m just asking because when that header area is floating with the page, the menu is kinda of stuck to the top of that box.

I hope I’m not making your job difficult … D:

Cheers,
Kimberly.

Hello there,

I found there is a script conflict with the theme’s main JS. To temporarily fix it, please try to do these steps:

1. Open the js/main.js file
  2. Find the following line of code:

$('a[href*="#"]:not([href="#"],[class*="tab"] a,.wc-tabs a, .activity-content a)').click(function() {

1. Replace it with:

$('a[href*="#"]:not([href="#"],a[href*="#"]:not([href*="#ac_"],[class*="tab"] a,.wc-tabs a, .activity-content a)').click(function() {

1. Copy all of the code of this file
  2. Open the js/main.min.js file and delete all code. Paste into it
  3. You might want to minify the JS code using this tool, so the code will be loaded faster
  4. Save changes then upload

To move down a bit the main menu navigation, try adding the following CSS code:

#mainnav{
  margin-top: 13px;
}

Regards,
Kharis