Slider Text

Hi everyone,

My site is: www.musicmusicmusic.com.au

I am trying to make some changes to the text on the main slider on the front page. I would like to make it bigger and also add either a black outline or a drop shadow. Any ideas?

Thank you,

David

Hi, you can apply text-shadow with custom css below (use simple custom css plugin if you like):

Text shadow for slider title and subtitle:

.text-slider .maintitle, .text-slider .subtitle {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);
}

Text size for main title:

.text-slider .maintitle {
    font-size: 65px;
}

Also you can generate desired text shadow here.

Best regards

Hello,

Thank you for that. Could you please give me a bit more guidance. I’m a musician, not a website builder so I don’t know where to put those codes. Can you give me a step by step as to where to add that text?

Thank you,

David

1. Install simple custom css plugin.

2. Go to Appearance > Custom CSS from WP admin.

3. Past the code below:

.text-slider .maintitle, .text-slider .subtitle {
    text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1);
}
.text-slider .maintitle {
    font-size: 65px;
}

Change font-size value to adjust slider text as you like.
text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 1) is for text shadow :slight_smile: you can generate this value here to your liking and just replace that piece of code with yours or just use the one I provided to you.

After applying the code clear your web browser history so you can see changes immediately. It is really straightforward process.

Best regards

I can’t even install the plugin. I’ve downloaded and unzipped but when I try to upload it won’t let me upload the whole folder. It keeps opening folders until I get to a single file?

You don’t need to download it. Simply go to your admin area, find the Plugins tab and click on Add New. Then search for the plugin there.

Thank you! I must have typed it in wrong the first time, because I tried that before and couldn’t find it? All good now, thank you for your help.