Slider Text Not Showing in iPhone screen

Hi there!

Sydney is really an amazing theme I must say. Thank you so much for making this as it is very easy to use from non-tech savvy person as I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I do encounter one problem though, I don’t know what went wrong actually. The slider text is not showing anymore (I am using 4 sliders). Only happen in iPhone/small screen though. It shows on desktop and iPad screen as usual.

here is my site: www.ramlahram.com

Hi,

Yeap, in the last update we’ve hidden it from small devices because it didn’t have enough room to fit for most people. Was it displaying okay for you?

I use shorter text so it works fine to me last time.

Now, after you guys remove it, it feels bit empty. Is there any chance to get it back?

Cheers
Fai

You could install a custom CSS plugin if you don’t have one already and add this:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
      .text-slider {
          display: block;
      }
      .text-slider-section {
          top: 50%;
      }
}

TQ so much!!!

I will try later and will let u know.

Thanks again!!!

Cheers
Fai

Cool.
Feel free to rate the theme if you enjoy it: https://wordpress.org/themes/sydney/ :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! It works!!!

Okay, I will rate and do review. Thank you so much again :slight_smile:

Hi,
don’t want to multiply threads. After last update - similar problem on Blackberry Q10. There were also issues with displaying text slider on Nexus7 with Android, but the solution you gave before solved them - thanks. On BB it solved it partially - text from slider doesn’t fit the display - it’s too big. Any ideas?

@sylwia: That’s exactly why we removed it on small screens, it won’t fit if you’re using a lot of text.
What you can try is to also decrease the font sizes until it fits:

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
   .text-slider .maintitle {
      font-size: 24px;
   }
   .text-slider .subtitle {
      font-size: 18px;
   }
}

I think anyone who using this kind of design must understand that they need to use short sentence. This is slider text btw. No one will have enough time to read anyway if you put long sentence.

Thank you for your extrafast response :slight_smile: I’ll experiment with this solution.
(btw you’re amazing guys with your assistance, I’m impressed and grateful).

Agreed! They are amazing. Gonna upgrade to PRO by end of the month! Happy customer!

Hello,

I tried to add the CSS you provided, but I still cannot see the slider’s text on mobiles and tablets. Can you tell me why please? Is it a matter of too long sentences?
Many thanks.

Sorry, I got wrong. I can see text on tablet, but not on mobile phone… Thanks