Slider images are to big but just on browser view logged off of wordpress

hey guys… thank you for all your help… when viewing the site live through wordpress the slider images are the correct hight. but when i type the domain in logged off of wordpress the slider images are to tall. How would I adjust that ?

Hello there,

While logged in, there’s an admin bar at the top of the screen that affects the height of the slider. As the slide image is actually a background cover that fills the whole slide container, the image gets scaled proportionally and becomes bigger than the slide area. Some pixels of image’s edge aren’t visible; it looks visually cropped. It isn’t really an issue to resolve. Your design requirement doesn’t meet the default behavior of the theme’s slide image. Some users experiencing the same obstacle. I’ve written a solution in this topic: Homepage slider images cut off at top and bottom on mobile and desktop computers

Regards,
Kharis

Ok… I believe that I did crop the images… So do you think that I should try inserting the original sized images ?

Hello there,

You should prepare a new image with an image editing program like Photoshop. Leave enough spaces at the top of it. Then re-upload it.

Regards,
Kharis

Ok I will try that. If I add space to the top do you know if it will cut off the bottom of the images? Should I reduce the size of the whole images as well as leaving space at the top?

Hello there,

You should do some experiments and testing with your design until you get it fits your need.

Regards,
Kharis

ok thank you very much

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

No matter what i try with certain pictures i cannot get them to appear the same on desktop and mobile. Will always look good on one but not the other… I can edit the pictures all I want but im not sure what else to try?

Hello there,

Please try adding this extra CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.header-slider .slide-item,
    .admin-bar:not(.siteScrolled) .slide-item {
       background-position: top center !important;  
    } 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

It worked!! Thank you very much!

You’re welcome!

Glad to have an opportunity to assist you.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis