Skip fade and have fixed position for call-to-action button in slider

Hello,

I am using the built in slider and have a couple of problems. Is there anyway that I can:

1. Skip the fade effect between slides? I have the same background on different slides (only with extra items) and it don’t look nice when whole background fades away and back on.
  2. Keep the call-to-action button on same place. I only have text on first slide and on rest of slides with no text, the call-to-action button jumps up.

I tried to use Crello slider instead but have problem getting the call-to-action button to center. As long as I fix the fading I am happy with the built in slider.

Best regards,
Henrik

Dear Henrik,

Thank you for reaching out to us here. To stop the slide transition, please try to do the steps below:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box

;(function($) {

'use strict'

$('#slideshow').superslides('stop');

})(jQuery);

1. Update

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,
Yes, that stopped the transition so now it is only possible to see the first slide…
I still want to show all slides… I just wanted to skip the fade effect in the transition between the slides.
Any tips? If not, how do I start the slideshow again?
Best regards,
Henrik

Dear Henrik,

There is no way to do that, I am afraid. Maybe changing the fade animation to slide would work for you? Please try the following:

1. Open the js/main.js in your code editor, then copy the whole content of it; then paste it into js/main.min.js. So it will be more readable

2. In the js/main.min.js, find the following code block

// Background slideshow
(function() {
	if ( $( "#slideshow" ).length ) {
		$('#slideshow').superslides({
			play: $('#slideshow').data('speed'),
			animation: 'fade',
			pagination: false
		});
	}
})();

1. Change fade to slide

2. Save the changes, then update it through FTP or cPanel

As for information, the changes you have done will be lost once the theme gets updated in the future as the files are overwritten, so you should redo this adjustment.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis,

I managed to fix the problems with Crelly Slider. I will try above if I need.

Cheers,
Henrik

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me. Awesome, you found another alternative. Please let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Kharis