SiteOrigin, Elementor, Confusion

I originally built my site with Sydney Pro/Site Origin. Upon installing the theme on another domain, I noticed that Elementor came bundled with it instead of SiteOrigin - a change I heartily welcome. However, I couldn’t find a way to migrate from SO to E.

I went ahead and switched to E anyway, intending to rebuild the couple pages I’ve already done (site was work in progress). It doesn’t seem to be pulling in any of the custom post types - employees, portfolios, projects, whatever. Does the Elementor layout not pull these in? Why did you switch then?

Hello,

It doesn’t seem to be pulling in any of the custom post types - employees, portfolios, projects, whatever. Does the Elementor layout not pull these in?

Elementor works differently so it doesn’t pull those. You might want to check this topic for more info. But you still can use Page Builder by SiteOrigin on existing websites.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks. I actually like Elementor way more and only built out a couple pages, so I guess I’m doing a re-build. :frowning: No worries though.

Okay, you are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.