Site not working after update to Moesia 1.36

Hey there,

After having updated to Wordpress 4.2.2 and Moesia 1.36 my site stopped working :frowning:

I am using Moesia child theme built with SiteOrigin Pagebuilder and besides the image slider, I can see no other row, nor nav bar - they are not visible.
If I switch to parent theme, the site seems to be working but my child theme content is just not visible.

Could you pls help me identify the source of the bug?
What do I have to update/change to fix this?

my site: http://fajnbyvanie.srobezstarosti.sk/

Thank you

Bebik

Hello there,

What will happen if you try the following?

Edit the child theme’s style.css file. Then remove all of the code there, except the following lines.

/*
Theme Name: Moesia Child
Template: moesia
Text Domain: moesia-child

--------------------------------------------------------------*/

You would need to clear your browser’s cache before reloading your site.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey there,

I just removed all of the code in the child theme’s style.css except the first lines defining the child theme (as you instructed).

Nothing has changed except that my slider was not styled. Other sections of the website were still not visibile.

bebik

I also tried to create another pages:

BTW, if it helps, the production site (without update installed) is: http://fajnbyvanie.sk/

Thank you

bebik

Hello there,

I can’t reproduce the issue to happen on my test site. I noticed that you’re using the older version of the Page Builder plugin. Please consider to update it as well.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey Kharis,

1. For my testing site I use version 2.3.2 of PageBuilder plugin by SiteOrigin which is the latest version available, so I don’t think I use the older version.
    Probably you referred to the production site but if new updates don’t work on testing site, I don’t do update on production site.

2. I rolled-back to Moesia 1.32 and everything was up&running (with Wordpress 4.4.2 version and the latest versions of all the plugins, except for Types - Complete Solution for Custom Fields and Types, which is not possible to update automatically).
    Then I updated again to 1.36 and the same problem occurred.
    I roll-back to 1.32 until I solve the problem :frowning:

Any other ideas?

bebik

Hello there,

Try to enable the WP Debug mode. Open the wp-config.php file, then find the following line:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change it to

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Do updating everything, then reload your site. If there is an error message be displayed there, please post it here.

Regards,
Kharis

Have similar issue: white screen after parent theme updated to 1.36, restore of 1.35 “fixes” error log:
[23-Mar-2016 03:34:28 UTC] PHP Warning: require(/home/slicecon/public_html/wp-content/themes/moesia/widgets/fp-services.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/slicecon/public_html/wp-content/themes/moesia/functions.php on line 147
[23-Mar-2016 03:34:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/slicecon/public_html/wp-content/themes/moesia/widgets/fp-services.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php54/lib/php’) in /home/slicecon/public_html/wp-content/themes/moesia/functions.php on line 147

Line 147 is within site origin functions, fp-services.php:

if ( function_exists('siteorigin_panels_activate') ) {
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-services.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-employees.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-social.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-blockquote.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-skills.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-facts.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-testimonials.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-clients.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-projects.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-call-to-action.php";
	require get_template_directory() . "/widgets/fp-latest-news.php";

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting.

What will happen if you completely delete the existing Moesia theme, then install the fresh one through Appearace > Themes > Add New > search "Moesia > Install & activate?

Regards,
Kharis

I deleted Moesia (parent) using FTP. installed using: Appearace > Themes > Add New > search “Moesia > Install & activate. the parent theme allows a view of the website but reactivating child theme results in white screen

uploading 1.35 moesia parent using ftp results in site working.