Site Not Loading - theme broken - Sydney Version: 1.76

Hello, I updated theme today to 1.76.

My site is now not loading.

I went into Theme Editor and the footer.php has no code in it anymore.

When I attempted to add any code in footer.php in Theme Editor, I get this message:

“Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.”

We are running PHP 7.4

I contacted my hosting services company and they confirmed that I am running 7.4.

The theme is not loading.

We’ve disabled all plugins and turned on, one by one. Still not working.

If anyone has a fix for this or knows when a version update will be released that would be helpful.

Right now, my website is not loading so no one can see anything.

We are also getting this error, when checking Site Health:
"Loopback requests are used to run scheduled events, and are also used by the built-in editors for themes and plugins to verify code stability.

The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected.
Error: cURL error 6: Could not resolve host: www.xxxxx.com (http_request_failed)"

We also turned cache off and cleared the entire cache for the site.
We’ve also cleared cache for browser.

Still not loading and have “bouncing ball”

If anyone can help that would be great, thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help with your queries.

Can I ask where did you get the theme from? Did you install it directly from your website’s dashboard?

As checked, the theme’s footer.php contains few lines of code and there is no error found in there. It is publicly accessible as it is available in the repository of WordPress.org. And it looks like this.

To get your website’s admin back and reinstall the Sydney theme, I’d request doing the below steps:

1, Access your website’s folders with FTP/sFTP client program.
2. Locate to public_html/root directory > wp-content > themes.
3. Remove the sydney theme folder.
4. Go to your website’s dashboard (/wp-admin).
5. Install the Sydney theme from Appearance menu > Add New > Search for “sydney” without quotes. Then install and activate.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support