Site load and performance is very bad

I’ve built my site of Sydney, tried to disable, and enable all plugins. But seems like the theme base load time is in itself very large. I’d love to get some advice on how i could significantly improve site performance.

Hello there,

There are multiple aspects to consider when it comes to site’s performance optimisation such as server, bandwith, cache, etc.

WordPress has a detailed guide in this, which you can follow from this link: https://wordpress.org/support/article/optimization/.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I’ve been following the steps mentioned in the post you shared, but only a few improvements. I also installed the AMP plugin for improving mobile site performance. For the Sydney theme, it refuses to load the AMP site, and when I wrote to them they are recommending using another theme for my mobile / AMP site. Does Sydney not support AMP, or is there a way I can make it work with AMP?

Hello there,

Which AMP plugin do you use? Please share me a link, so I can try with my test site to confirm about the compatibility.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

This is the AMP plugin, I used. Created a 2020 AMP theme to enable mobile load, but for Sydney (Transitional model in AMP)

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing the link. I will be checking this with our development team and I will be updating you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support