Site Icon Not Appearing In New Pages

Hello,

I’m using the Sydeny Theme and I’ve set up my site to function on a single page. Certain content from this page, like for example a custom button, will open different, stand-alone content (like a pdf file or picture) in a blank page. The problem is that all such new pages feature the default sydney site icon and I would like them to feature the same icon as the main page.

To make sure everything is clear, the site icon has been set in the Site title/tagline/logo section and it appears perfectly on the site’s main page. My problem is limited only to “raw content” opening in new pages from links present on the main page.

Any thoughts on the matter, please?

Cheers!

Dear Seth,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

> like for example a custom button, will open different, stand-alone content (like a pdf file or picture) in a blank page

Could you please share that page URL, so I can check?

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

Ofc, here’s the link to the page: http://www.terasaincalzita.ro/

Quick examples of the reported issue can be found by clicking on the pictures in the Portfolio section.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best.
Seth

Hello,

Any new on this please? It’s not a huge thing, but I’d like to have it functioning properly nonetheless.

Thank you

Hello there,

I would like to apologize in advance for the delay.

You can use attachment URL instead of direct media URL. You can find it from WP admin > Media > click on the media thumbnail > View attachment page.

Regards,
Kharis

Hey!

Yes, that can be done, but unless I’m not entirely following your idea it would only add another step in reaching the problem and not really fix it.

I mean, ok, I reach the attachment URL which contains the media, but in case the media is a PDF file (the case is actually present on the site @ Services Type B section), I still need to open it separately in order to read it. Now, that page, as it works currently, will no longer feature the site’s icon, but that of the Sydney Theme default icon, which brings us back to square one.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Seth

Hello there,

If If understood your point, you would do the below steps:

1. Install and activate the Conditional Tags Shortcode plugin
  2. To display the selected icon, edit your service, and then toggle the “Text” editing
  3. Insert the below code priors the main text

[if is_single]
<div class="roll-icon-list">
  <div class="icon">
    <i class="fa fa-globe"></i>
  </div>
</div>
<div class="clearfix"></div>
[/if]

From the code above, match fa-globe class name with the one you typed in the “Service icon” option.

Hello again Kharis,

Thank you for your guidance, but unfortunately we are not talking about the same thing.

I’m talking about the site icon / favicon / site logo. It’s generally displayed in address field and in the tab in which the page is opened. In order to set up this icon, for the Sydney theme, you can upload a picture under Appearance/Site title/tagline/logo, which I have. The icon appears on the main page of the site perfectly.

The problem is that it is replaced by the default (Sydney Theme) site icon / favicon / site logo for ANY new tab opened from the main page (please note the site functions on onepage format).

Please notice the difference in favicon between these two addresses:
http://www.terasaincalzita.ro/
http://www.terasaincalzita.ro/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Proiect2_b.jpg

First one is ok. Second is not ok. :slight_smile:

I hope this cleared things and I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Seth