Site health check "site needs improving"

Hi there,

I came across these two “critical errors” I spoke to my website hosters, they spoke to me about what I asume is on their end for issues, but that leaves these:

I was wondering if you could advise me on what to do here?

Many thanks,
David

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help with your queries.

To check whether Sydney Pro theme causes you that error, can temporarily disabling the Sydney Pro and switching to one of default WordPress themes like Twenty Twenty-One privately (by enabling troubleshooting mode) with the help of this plugin; and re-run your test?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Good afternoon Kharis,

Thank you for the response. I have installed the plugin, gone into troubleshoot mode and enabled twenty twenty-one and the errors listed have disappeared. So I can only assume I have an issue with my Sydney Pro theme. I am worried to reinstall as I don’t wish to lose my current sydney pro content/data. What would you advise forward?

I have attached another image to show that it’s gone, I assume the new “critical” issue is that I am in the troubleshoot mode:

Many thanks,
David

Hi David,

Thank you for checking.

Which version of Sydney Pro are you running? Is it the latest?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kahris,

Thank you for the response. I am currently running 2.1.3 which I believe is the latest as I haven’t been asked to update recently.

Many thanks,
David

Hey again,

Just reaching out to see if there is a known solution yet to my issue, would prefer to not have to reinstall the theme for fear of losing everything I’ve published so far

Many thanks,
David

Hello David,

Sorry the delay here!

You do not need to reinstall the theme. You can just disable the troubleshooting mode.

I did a test here with latest version of the theme and couldn’t reproduce the same issue. No critical issues are shown. This case we need do a inspection directly from your website. Just in case it is related to site specific issue. Thus I request sharing your website’s temporary admin login link and send it privately to me over email. You can generate the link with this plugin .

Email

rodrigo@athemes.com

P.S.: Ensure the link expiry is set to 7 days and all admin rights are enabled.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,

No worries and many thanks for the reply, I will go ahead and do that now and email you when I am done.

Many thanks,
David

Hello David,

Thanks for the access!

I did a test enabling the troubleshoot mode and switching to Sydney Pro theme:

And there’s no critical issues in the Site Health:

That error it’s being generated probably by some plugin. My suggestion for you is now enable one by one and check the Site Health:

I leave your WP install with the troubleshoot mode enabled and Sydney Pro theme active. Note that the troubleshooting mode “reset” the website only for logged users. For non-logged users, the website is shown normally.

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi again Rodrigo,

Many thanks for quickly having a look into my site for me. Genuinely thought the issue was my theme but it was not. I have found the culprit plugin and have sorted it now.

I appreciate the assistance with this one and for your prompt responses.

Have a great day and take care :slight_smile:

Best,
David

Hello David,

You are welcome!

If you need any further help feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support