Site Hacked, blog only. Need help with removing text, formatting and images

I am working on a site were the blog page has been hacked and now has inappropriate images and text. I deleted the page and created a new one, and the issue is still there. I must be in CSS or something else? All other pages are not affected. I plan on doing a scan, updating WP and also changed the admin URL.

Any way to clean it up?

I forgot to mention that the reason I posted here is that the site is running the Sidney theme and everyone has always been so helpful with other items.

Hi,

Please read this guide on WordPress website, this may help you resolve the issue: https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_My_site_was_hacked

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi there,

I have experienced exactly the same problem. Since writing this post have you guys had any joy in resolving the issue? I have read the article you posted CSABA but think it goes beyond my skill level. I will try and work through it as there are good nuggets of information there for improving the security of my site. If I resolve (which I think I may not :)) the issue then great but in the meantime if you can share any success you have had in doing so that would be great.

Many thanks.

René

PS mine to is the free Sydney Theme

Hi,

Sorry, but the only way know you can resolve the issue only by following the instructions from the above link, otherwise it would be better to remove your Database and WordPress installation and do a fresh install ( without importing an export from the hacked site ).

Best Regards,
Csaba