Site Crashed After Updating to Sydney Toolbox Version 1.08

Updated Sydney Toolbox to Version 1.08. WP admin “Plugin” page:
“There is an update available for: Sydney Toolbox - custom posts and fields for the Sydney theme.” Clicked “update now.” The site crashed. Had host assist in restoring site to last backup. They provided the following error and recommended I contact the developer. Please advise. Thank you.

ERROR: “17 PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /nas/content/live/kmpo/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18) in /nas/content/live/kmpo/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php on line 22”

Hello,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

Could you let me know when the toolbox 1.08 has been updated so it’s free of this error?
I’ve managed to crash both dev and live sites, but have recovered them through backups.

Many thanks

David

Hello David,

Could you let me know when the toolbox 1.08 has been updated so it’s free of this error?

Sydney Toolbox 1.07 is problematic, 1.08 is the fixed one, but you should have the latest Sydney theme version. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

I am dealing with the same, just updated and site crashed:

Fatal error : Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /home/phbreseller/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:15) in /home/phbreseller/public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php on line 15

I am at a loss as to what next steps to take. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Now I am seeing:

Fatal error : Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /home/phbreseller/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:15) in /home/phbreseller/public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php on line 22

Hello there,

I am sorry you have been running into such this issue. Please follow this instruction:

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the direction.

2/14/20 This has not been fixed FYI!! Just crashed my site. Bluehost fixed it for me but I had to turn off the toolbox. https://sydneyjanebaily.com

Here is the error:
[14-Feb-2020 15:27:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sydney_set_import_files() (previously declared in /home2/catwhisk/public_html/sydneyjanebaily.com/wp-content/plugins/sydney-toolbox/demo-content/setup.php:18) in /home2/catwhisk/public_html/sydneyjanebaily.com/wp-content/themes/sydney/demo-content/setup.php on line 22

Hello,

This has not been fixed FYI!! Just crashed my site.

It’s fixed, but you have to update the Sydney theme as well.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks. I’m scared to do anything on it for a bit because I have visitors going to it. But sometime soon I’ll update it all. Maybe in the future the toolbox update shouldn’t be offered at the top of the screen without a warning to first update the theme. It gave me a really bad morning yesterday.
Again, thanks for getting back to me. Love this theme and thank you for naming it after me. :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

I’m scared to do anything on it for a bit because I have visitors going to it.

You can create a staging website for testing the updates safely:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello,

I need to update the theme in order to fix this error. I currently have Sydney v1.55.
I’ve uninstalled Sydney toolbox but I don’t know how to update the theme properly since the notification doesn’t show up and it says that all my themes are updated.

Should I upload manually the last version of the theme using WPAdmin Dashboard?
I don’t have easy access to the FTP since the host provider manage it.

Thanks and Regards,
Manuel.

You should be able to update the theme from Dashboard > Themes menu directly. Doesn’t it work to you?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support