Site completely in an error

Hi team,
I have Sydney parent & child theme on my new website - www.familyonthewheels.com .
I was trying to change teh footer credits by first creating a footer.php file in child theme by inserting the following code in functions file - touch( get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/footer.php’ );
And as soon as I saved, I got the error on the website -
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘add_action’ (T_STRING) in /home/famil524/public_html/wp-content/themes/sydneychildtheme/functions.php on line 3

AND NOW IT IS OPENING WITH JUST THIS ERROR… Pls help me out , i am in a big fix.
I’m sobbing out all of this with no help left!

Thanks!

Hi I have resolved this, but I need to know now -

1. How to change the footer credits to Copywright@ Familyonthewheels & remove the - Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Sydney by aThemes part in CHild theme.

Pls note -

1. I have child Functions.php & Style.css only as of now.
    Pls help me know how to -
  2. Create Footer.PHP
    2.Once created , do I need to copy all content of parent footer.PHP file?
  3. If yes to Q2.,What code to replace in footer.php file to replace the text

Pls help me out with that for support!

Hello,

Please check this topic:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
Just copy modified footer.php file into child theme folder.

HI Roman, is this option just in Sydney Pro? I have the normal sydney option only. Further it says that We need Child theme, I already have child theme installed but there is no footer.php file. How do I create One? Also post creating, Footer.php would be empty, should we copy the whole commands from parent footer. php to child footer. php & change the required text?

Okay, here is more detailed explanation:

1. Copy footer.php file from parent theme folder to child theme folder.

2. Modify footer.php file in child theme folder as described in topic mentioned above.

3. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks shall try doing it & confirm back!
Can i use the below code (inserting in functions.php) to create footer. php in child file ?

touch( get_stylesheet_directory() . ‘/footer.php’ );

Is this piece of code correct to generate footer.php? Since yesterday my site was blocked out when I used this

Do not add that code into child theme functions.php file.

Just follow the steps that I described above.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Okay, got it! Shall try it…
One more thing I wish to confirm, Can we somehow reduce the header slider width, it covers nearly half of my website initially… I want to narrow that down. Can I?

Please create a new topic for this issue to keep forum in good order.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sure thanks

You are welcome :slight_smile: