Site Admin Crash During Update to Pro in Extras.php Line 132

I today purchased the Pro version of Sydney to update from the standard version.

I read the instructions on this site both for preparation and execution of the update and followed the instruction exactly.

According to your instructions, it was to be fairly painless.

Unfortunately, when it came time to activate the new Pro theme, it failed the first time with a somewhat vague error description, and then succeeded the 2nd time.

However, I now get a PHP error when I attempt to entry the site admin.

The error message is as follows.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/69/5016269/html/wp/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/inc/extras.php on line 132

Looking through the extras.php source code, it appears that perhaps the Creely Slider needed to be in place before the activation There was nothing in your descriptions that detailed dependencies that need to be in place prior to activating the new Pro theme.

The site admin is now inaccessible, so I assume I will need to either manually copy missing plugins via FTP, or tear down the site entire, restore from backup, and then try again. I would prefer doing Step 1 before Step 2.

What do you recommend?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/69/5016269/html/wp/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/inc/extras.php on line 132

Hello,

Please check this topic:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks, updated of PHP for me on Go Daddy likewise fixed the problem.

Great! You are welcome :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.