Single post featured image width

my site: www.thejollyrogerbus.com

I have two questions:

1. How can I make the post featured image the same full width as the post body?

2. How can I make the featured image appear below the site header instead overlapped?

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

> 1) How can I make the post featured image the same full width as the post body?

Try to go to Appearance > Customize > Blog options > Layout > Select “Full width (no sidebar)” > Save & Publish

> 2) How can I make the featured image appear below the site header instead overlapped?

It seems it isn’t overlapped already. Have you managed to resolve the issue by yourself? Let us know if you still need assistance in this matter.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

The blog layout is already set to full width (no sidebar), but the featured image is still smaller than the post body.

I solved the 2nd question by changing the post header option to no header, menu only.

Hello there,

> The blog layout is already set to full width (no sidebar), but the featured image is still smaller than the post body.

I thought your image still uses the previous size which is applied while you set its featured image. Try to edit you post, then update its featured image. Select an image from media library, make sure you select larger image size.

If it didn’t give any changes, you might need to regenerate its size by using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

I already tried uploading a new image. no change.

I replaced the featured image with one from the front page slider which already shows full width, but when I set it as the post featured image, it’s still smaller than the post body.

Hello there,

Could you please give me a temporary access to your site admin area so I can have a closer look?

Please send the login credentials to my email kharisblank at gmail dotcom with the link to this thread.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

email sent

Hello there,

Thank you for the login credentials.

I noticed that the default size for larger thumbnail sydney-large-thumb is set to 830px width. It’s specified in the functions.php file in this following line.

add_image_size('sydney-large-thumb', 830);

Try to change it to 1120.

As you’re modifying the core theme’s function, you should take it at your own risk. The future update will overwrite the modifications you have done; you should make an adjustment again.

For the safer approach, you would need a child theme to modify the following files.

• content.php
  • content-single.php

But indeed it would be a bit complicated.

1. Download activate the Sydney child theme here https://athemes.com/?wpdmdl=61581. Head on here for more details.

2. Copy those two files in your child theme directory. So you should have something like the following

* sydney-child/content.php
* sydney-child/content-single.php  
  1. Open those two files in your code editor. Then find the following line
<?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?>

then replace it to

<?php the_post_thumbnail(array(1120, 9999)); ?>
  1. Upload the changes through FTP or cPanel
  2. Login to your site admin area, then do regenerating thumbnail size by using the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Ok thank you for the help.

One last thing. Since I still can’t seem to use my CSS editor, can you send me code to adjust the site logo size in the simple CSS plugin?

thanks.

You’re welcome.

Could you please try to specify the value of maximum height of .site-logo selector to meet your need?

.site-logo {
    max-height: 150px;
}

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hey @Kharis Sulisti Thanks for your help!

I have been trying to set my featured image thumbnail size to 1280*720 but the the thumbnail doesnot change. It is still in square size.

I have done everything you have mentioned above in child theme.

Please help

Hello there,

Have you regenerated the new size you specified with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/? Make sure that the original image size isn’t less than of which you specified.

Regards,
Kharis