Single Page Background

I’m trying to set up a shop using the Talon (free) theme. I have set a custom background image.

Is there a way to set a white background behind the shop or set a custom white background colour on select pages (so that it looks like the other pages)?

This is what the shop looks like:

Thanks!

Hello there,

You can use this simple CSS code to change background color on shop page:

.post-type-archive-product.woocommerce {
      background-color: #fff000 !important;
    }

Add it to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks so much, Kharis.

I tried the CSS but there were no changes to the shop page or the individual product post pages…

Hello there,

For single product page, use this CSS code:

.single-product {
      background-color: #fff000 !important;
    }

The common reason why extra CSS code won’t take any effect on front-end is active site caching. Please check in your site admin and clear it (if only applied). https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks again, Kharis.

The code didn’t work, but I modified your code to this, and it worked for the product pages.

.product {
    	background-color: #fff
    		!important;
    }

I still can’t get the shop background white. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Or maybe it would be easier/make sense to disable the background-image on the shop, cart, product pages, etc… is there an easy way to do that? I’ve tried everything I can think of…

Thanks!!

Hello there,

For efficiency reason and allow me be able inspect your current situation and find out the better code, please share a link to your shop page. If you want it to remain private, you can email me to kharisblank@gmail.com. Mention the link to this topic in your email body to signal its a followup from support forum.

Regards,
Kharis