Single Page as Landing Page - Menu Appearance and Items

Third Topic to starting Topic Crelly Slider Landing Page.

On that landing page I would only like to have “Home” and “Contact” in the menu bar. Any idea to get that done easily and fast?
I mean, i would like to have everything in menu bar but that does not work because I am using #section to smooth scroll on startpage. Have no clue to get that #section jump back to homepage.

Homepage
New Landing Page

thank you

Hello TomDoe,

You can try to use
https://www.techchild.at/marketing-intellichance/#services
link type instead of just #services and install Surbma – Smooth Scroll plugin in order to keep smooth scroll.

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Also you might want to check this tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi roman,
i already use the full link including #services. no way to jump back to homepage. on the homepage smooth scroll works fine even with the long link.

do you know a way to just change the top menu for this specific site? i don’t get it. played around with menues in wp backend, but it always changes the complete site menu.

I just want to show up ‘Home’ and ‘Kontakt’.

any idea?

Hello TomDoe,

As far as I can see, you still use short type of anchor links, ID without URL. I think that those menu items should work fine when you change link structure to URL + ID.

Anyway, you can try to use the following CSS code in order to hide (not remove) your menu items with anchor links on all pages except home page.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

body:not(.home) #menu-item-413,
body:not(.home) #menu-item-412,
body:not(.home) #menu-item-682,
body:not(.home) #menu-item-681 {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Top! Thank you.

Now it looks slick and clean. Like it better, somehow.

@Surbma: Maybe I will give it a try later. But as it is untested for a while with newer WP Versions, I don’t know, if I like to try it on a site that is live. Never change a running system, you know.
Especially with Plugins I had several problems in the past.
Thank you anyway.

And yes - you are absolutely right, I have certain menu items only with #section. Thought I changed that a while ago, but obviously only for several items, not the first menu layer. However.

Works fine - hope you like the style of the page and what I have done with your Themes so far :wink:

You are welcome TomDoe!

Yeah, this particular site is looking really good :slight_smile:

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Astrid theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

P. S.
I’ve just realized that you left the first review, lol :slight_smile:
Thanks again for that!