Sidebar & Template

Hello,

I have downloaded and configured this theme but am currently struggling to setup a second sidebar and theme.

By default there is only the standard and wide template however I am looking to create a new template which uses its own sidebar. How am I able to do this as I suspect it is just copying the code already built and just altering so they unique.

This is the page where I want to have a unique sidebar which will only be used for this page.
https://securityview.co.uk/security-news/

Regards,
Alex

Hello Alex,

First thanks for using our theme!

Edit the mentioned page and change the Page Attributes > Template to Default Template. Like in the image below:

We hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo,
aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,

Thank you for the reply however this doesn’t sound my issue.

Please can you help with advising how I can create a new template page and sidebar.

I have managed to do these separately however am unable to display the new sidebar on this custom template.

Hi Alex,

Can you please double check ?

Inspecting your website I can see the code when the “Full Width Page” is selected:

If you have some cache plugin enabled, please try to clear the cache.

If even so the problem still persists, please grant me to access your website’s admin area by sending me a temporary admin login link. Ensure the expiry is set to 7 days and all admin rights are enabled. Send it securely over direct message here in this forum.

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo,
aThemes Support

Hello,

Thank you for the help. I am not sure if it is related but I am getting an annoy n at the top of the page above the header.

I have cleared the cache but no dice. Would you be able to confirm why you need admin privileges?

Regards,
Alex

Hello Alex,

Probably that annoy n at the top of the page is not the reason, since the home page it’s working with a sidebar too.

Do you know from where this “n” is coming ? Have you created a custom PHP file with your own "Template Name: " and with your custom code inside it ? If it’s the case please try creating a new page and in the right sidebar select the Default Template.

In our tests here the template is working normally without this “n” at the top.

We ask for admin access to see what’s happening in your admin. You said that changed the template of page to Default Template, but looking at the source code of your website this is not reflecting. Because of that we ask for admin access, so we can investigate it more deeply to help you with a solution.

If you have a cache plugin enabled, you can try disable the plugin temporally and see if it works.

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo,
aThemes Support

I did do some messing with custom PHP files for my own template earlier however this is now deleted.

In regards to admin I would need your email address for this.

Disabling caching plugins did not work.

If we forgot about the “n” issue for now would you be able to help and confirm how I can create a new template for pages which has its own unique sidebar?

Hello,

Oh sorry! I understood now that you want a unique sidebar for that page. Unfortunately at the moment this is not possible. You can have the same sidebar for all pages if you follow my instructions about create a new page and select the template Default Template.

Really the only way is creating a custom page template PHP file and a new sidebar area to insert in this new page template.

Here’s how you can do that for Page Templates:

And for Sidebars:

Unfortunately the link above is only what our support can offer, since it is something out of our support scope. We hope you understand.

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo,
aThemes Support