Sidebar not showing

Hi guys,

The last couple of days I have been busy with your Sydney Theme. I love it but encounter a problem that I just can’t seem to solve.
I followed the online tutorial form the NYC Tech CLUB to modify my website.
The only thing I can’t seem to get working is the sidebar on my blog page.
Do you have any idea why it won’t show up? I tried everything.

Hope you can help me.

Homepage:
www.weekvandecultuur.com/sandbox

Blog:
http://www.weekvandecultuur.com/sandbox/index.php/blog/

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

> Sidebar on homepage

As this page currently uses “Front Page” template, the sidebar won’t be displayed. It’s intentionally designed like that. For pages, the sidebar only be displayed on “Default Template”. But it doesn’t meet your need. As an alternative, you still be able to display some widgets in the footer area. Go to Appearance > Widgets > place your widgets to Footer 1/2/3.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

> Sidebar on blog

It is same as above. It isn’t considered as the theme’s bug. The sidebar only be displayed on “Classic” blog layout (Appearance > Customize > Blog Options)

You still have a chance to display the sidebar on blog page. Try to follow my short tutorial which was posted here. Let me know how it helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,
I have my blog layout set to “Classic” but in the sidebar area I just see a search button. How do I get my blob page to look like Sydney demo blog page?

Also concerning blog page when I add calendar widget it does not show up.

Just search button is showing up on side?

Hello @dgrylas,

Thank you for posting in. We’d be glad to take care of them for you. Could you please post them in a new topic here with a proper title?

Regards,
Kharis