Sidebar in Blog posts

Hi there!

I’m using the Sydney Pro theme Version: 2.0.15 with wordpress 5.3.2 on php 7.3.

I’m trying to add a sidebar / widget area to all my blog posts and ONLY the blog posts, where I can display the last posts. So to be clear, if I click on a blog post and it opens, I want there to be a list of the latest 5 blog posts so I can click them. Other themes seem to be able to do that just fine … maybe I’m missing something here …

Hello there,

Probably you can limit specific widget (in your case recent post widget) visibility with a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/. Install and activate it; then do necessary configuration on your selected widget.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I can’t even get the sidebar / widget area to show up on blog posts yet.
Any idea why? Or a short guide how one would normally enable it?

Does it happen on all other widgets as well? Please try other widgets like Calendar, Searct, etc.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

You don’t understand.
Whatever I try I am unable to make the sidebar appear on blog posts. On normal pages there is no problem, on blog posts however, I can’t seem to make the sidebar / widget area appear, no matter what widget I try.

Hello there,

Is there any link to your blog page you could provide here?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I found the checkbox in the customization dialog. Single posts were displayed as full width. My problem is thereby solved.
Thank you for your help thou and excuse my stupid question. >.<

1 Like

Great!

Glad to know you got it resolved yourself.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support