Sidebar background color (Content Aware Sidebars)

Hello,

I would like to change the color of the background of the sidebar.
I used a plug-in named Content Aware Sidebars to create a sidebar on category pages only.

I tried all the three codes below, but none worked, unfortunately.
Would you please tell me css codes (a) to change the background color and (b) to change the text color of the sidebar respectively?

Thank you in advance.

#sidebar {
background-color: blue;
}

.widget-area {
background-color: #333333;
}

.widget-area,
.widget-area .widget {
    background: #bbc3ca !important;

Hello, can you please provide a link to your website in order to let me check it?

You can use some link shortener if you don’t want to leave the link to your site in this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hello,

Here is the link:
http://u0u1.net/U4zj

In addition, may I ask why the sidebar does not appear on this page?
http://u0u1.net/QxrA
I was thinking that this page was also a category page.
If I should make it a separate question/topic, let me know.

I used a link shortener for my first time and hope it works fine.
Kind regards,

Hello,

I’ve just found how to change the color!
It did not require any code.

It would be nice if you could tell me how to have the sidebar appear on this page.
http://u0u1.net/VRKX

Regards,

Hello,

In addition, may I ask why the sidebar does not appear on this page?

That layout doesn’t have the sidebar, but you can select another blog layout option in the Customize → Blog options section. Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

You are right. I was playing with different formats last night to see how it looks and left the page in a brick style layout which does not have a sidebar. I shouldn’t have done so. I assume you checked the page when it was in that layout.

I made it back to the layout called classic (alternative? ).
Would you check it once again, please?

http://urx.space/m3Wc

If you click one of the post on the list, you can see the sidebar there…FYI.
I hope my question makes sense.

Sorry for the confusion.
Kind regards,

Hello,

I asked our Developer to check your issue, let’s see what he says.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

1 Like

Hi there,

Have you made any code changes to any of the theme’s files?

Vlad

Hello,

No, I do not think so.
What I have done so far is to add codes to Customize → Additional CSS section.
However, I started building this website a year ago so I cannot fully deny any possibility that I might have done something which I do not remember.

Regards,

Can you send a temporary admin account to vlad[at]athemes.com so I can take a closer look?

Can you please tell me what a temporary admin account is?
Thank you.

I mean add me as an admin user on your website with the email address vlad@athemes.com so I can look myself and see what’s going on. By temporary I meant you would delete the user after I’m done looking.

Hello vlad,

I’ve just made a temporary admin account for you.

Please check your email.

Actually, I have three more things that I want to improve and I was thinking to go one by one. Now that you have the admin account, I think that it may be more efficient if I list the three here for your help.

1. Change slider text font size

2. Arrange the navigator (menu) in the footer horizontally.

3. Delete 0 between tags.

For (1), I found exactly the same topic and applied the suggested CSS code, but it did not work.

Thank you in advance for looking closely at my webpage,

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Can you resend it please? It’s possible it expired.

Vlad

Hello,

Yes, I’ve just deleted the old one and created a new one.

Kind regards,

Can you create it yourself and send it to me? It still doesn’t work.

Vlad

Hi,

I’ve just sent you an e-mail entitled as “temporary admin account (Green)”.
I hope it provides you with all the info to make it work.

Regards,

Hi again,

When I created the temporary admin account for you, I also changed the site language from my local language to English. So when you log in , things are all in English.

However, I’ve just noticed that changing the site language does affect the format of the pages in question. Just to confirm, I changed the site language back to my local one and the format of the pages returned to “normal.” This change of formats does not affect the sidebar appearance so my question is still valid regarding the sidebar.

I also noticed that 0’s between tags disappear when the site language is English. I assume that those 0’s have something to do with translation according to relevant posts in the past. In this regard, I sent you another email entitled as “0’s between tags (Green)” to provide you with some info.

Thanks,