Side Menu Social Media Icons Bigger?

Hello,

I am trying to make the social media icons in my Sydney theme side bar larger, but can’t figure out how? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Taylor

Dear Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

What widget are you using? Could you please share the link where I can see that social icons, so I can be more exact?

Regards,
Kharis

The link is http://www.livelikelightning.com/
They are the social media icons on the side under follow me. I am using the Jetpack social media icons widget. I can’t figure out any way to make the icons themselves larger, and how to make less space in between widgets in the sidebar.

Thanks for your help!

Hello there,

Thank you for the link. It helped me a lot.

To enlarge the social icons, could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

.widget_wpcom_social_media_icons_widget .genericon{
  font-size: 26px;
}

Adjust the value to any number of your choice.

To reduce gaps within widgets, please add this code:

#secondary.widget-area .widget{
  padding-top: 0;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help!

One last question. Do you know how I would be able to make it so that posts show up on the home page as well as on the different categories pages? I would like posts to be able to be separated into their respective subjects/categories, and have set up a parent and child pages, but can’t figure out how to get the posts to show up on home page and other categories. Thanks!

Hello there,

You’re always welcome here.

Regarding your new query, please feel free to post it in other new topic in order to make this one more readable for others.

Regards,
Kharis