Showing only actual category posts widget in right sidebar

Hi guys, I have one question again: here is single post from one category, for example http://rakita.blazzevic.net/en/2017/04/05/rakita-at-job-fair/
At the right sidebar I have two same widgets, Recent posts with tumbnails, the upper one is set to show recent post from NEWS, and the lower one is for EVENTS category. I instaled it because only this one works with your theme properly, I also have it on the home page and it works.
My question is: how to show only a list of recent posts from actual category, but not the other widget?
The link that I sent is latest post from category News, so is it possible to show in the right sidebar only a list from News category? I was looking for solutions, and found something here:

if ( is_category() ) { //adds the category parameter in the query if we display a category
		$cat = get_queried_object();
		return array(
			'posts_per_page' => 5, 
			'no_found_rows' => true, 
			'post_status' => 'publish', 
			'ignore_sticky_posts' => true,
			'cat' => $cat -> term_id//the current category id
			 );
	}
	else {//keeps the normal behaviour if we are not in category context
		return $args;
	}
}

but it requires modification of the functions.php.
So when I try to install Bistro (your child theme, or try to make my own, something strange ishappening, the slider start to showing whole list of slider titles and subtitles over actual image of the slider?
Thanks again.

Hello @blazzevic,

Please try to use WooSidebars plugin in order to display (or not) different widgets on different pages.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.