Shortcode on style 4 menu content block

Hello,

I wish to know if there’s some way to add a shortcode into the content blocks available for the Basic 4 menu style. It seems to just render any of them as plain text for me.

Thanks

Hello,

I do not think that there is an easy way to do that, unfortunately.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi there,

I’ve achieved this by replacing the echo wp_kses_post functions for echo do_shortcode ones in the menu-menuStyle6.php file (I’m using a child theme).

Now I need to modify the css but although I’ve created my own version of the _menus.scss file the child theme still gets the original one. Any way to do this other than using the CSS editor on site customizer?

Thanks

Hello,

I’ve achieved this by replacing the echo wp_kses_post functions for echo do_shortcode ones in the menu-menuStyle6.php file (I’m using a child theme).

Yes, that’s a correct way, but I wouldn’t call it easy, usually it’s too complicated for users.

Now I need to modify the css but although I’ve created my own version of the _menus.scss file the child theme still gets the original one. Any way to do this other than using the CSS editor on site customizer?

You can try to create a new file in a child theme folder and enqueue it from the child theme functions.php file. Here is a relevant link:
https://digwp.com/2016/01/include-styles-child-theme/

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thanks for your help.

About the styles, it’s my first time with scss and the browser inspector was pointing the rules to the aforementioned file, so I tough that I had to enqueue that one, but modifying the main styles.css file worked fine. As a matter of fact I’ve just used a code snippet.

Regards.

OK, you are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support