Shortcode for Wordpress Comments

Dear sir/madam,

I have been using Sydney Theme on my Wordpress website for over 3 years now and I am very pleased with the theme but I have also had some problems that I have been trying to fix on and off over the years.

One problem I have concerns the comments. I am now trying to add comments to my static pages. What I am really looking for is a shortcode to add to my page builder plugin.

I have comments turned on and also discussion also selected in the edit page screen. From what I have read on-line, I believe that Sydney Theme has comments disabled by default in the template.php file. Please can you confirm this?

I would really appreciate if it would be possible to provide me with the coding to be added to the template and to CSS to allow a shortcode to be added to the Front page template of Sydney theme.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

Try this plugin which offers a shortcode. You can insert it into page builder with a Text widget.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

Thanks for your reply.

I was also looking at that plugin before I posted my comment. I have now installed it and activated it.

I am now able to see the comments form box on my Static pages and I am able to type a comment. However, I have a problem that when I post a comment the reply is not shown. When editing my pages I am able to see the comments but the comments don’t appear on the published pages.

Please can you suggest why this is happening?

Below is an example page with the comments form at the bottom. https://www.gogohopping.com/hopping-vlogs-our-vloggers/

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

Nothing I can say at this phase, I am sorry. Because customising commenting system is really out of the scope of Sydney theme’s code. As you’re trying to do some advanced use, I’d strongly recommend you to consult to the community support forum of WordPress; you’d go to this advanced topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Kharis