Shopping Cart using Sydney Pro?

Do you recommend using the Sydney Pro theme to build a shopping cart site? Obviously with the WooCommerce plugin…

What is the maximum number of items you would recommend in a shopping cart site built using Sydney Pro?

Do you have any links to examples of sites other people have built that have a shopping cart using Sydney Pro?

Thank you for all the help!

Hello there,

Sydney Pro is completely compatible with WooCommerce. It will be worth enough if you want to use it.

What is the maximum number of items you would recommend in a shopping cart site built using Sydney Pro?

You can have a many product items as you want. The only limitation is with your web hosting space. If it’s full no more items be able to be added.

Do you have any links to examples of sites other people have built that have a shopping cart using Sydney Pro?

Check our demo here: https://demo.athemes.com/sydney-pro/shop/

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis! As usual, you are a tremendous help!

I will confess, this is my first shopping cart - of any sort. I really like the Sydney Pro theme and the support I always get, so I will proceed building the shopping cart with this theme.

I looked at the sample shopping cart and I was slightly less than impressed, just to be honest.

My new clients currently have Wix. The devil. I really dislike Wix, but I must admit - there are some things about what they have created on their own that are very impressive!

Can you please look at their site - just two pages - and tell me if I will be able to do the same - more or less - with Sydney Pro and Woo Commerce?

https://www.dropsofamazon.com/loja

Specifically - on their Store Page, pics of items for sale have a rollover feature and an alternative picture appears - when you hover over it. Will I be able to accomplish the same effect? Or better?

Also, on item pages there is a rollover - zoom effect - that lets visitors “zoom in” on the product - and focus on different parts of the item pic for closer inspection. Will I be able to accomplish this too?

Thank you, Kharis. Your help makes a huge difference.

One more thing I just notice, Kharis. See that beautiful link that was automatically created to my client’s current Wix page? The an item for sale page…

How do we do that?? It looks wonderful!

Thank you.

Hello there,

You could achieve the same result – in scope of shop functions. The layout might be a bit different because Sydney has special styles for shop/woocommerce. Each theme should be uniquely designed with its own characteristics. If you want to duplicate the layout of that Wix site, I can help you with some extra works.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis. I don’t want to duplicate the Wix site, but I want to be at least as good as it with the shopping cart features.

Hopefully it will be better. Will there be roll-over ZOOM features for item pics? So shoppers can closely inspect products?

Thank you.

Hello there,

Product image zoom is inactive by default in Sydney. To enable it, you can add this snippet to a child theme’s functions or use Code Snippets plugin if you don’t want to use a child theme.

function sydney_pro_child_enable_gallery_zoom() {
        add_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-zoom' );
    }
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'sydney_pro_child_enable_gallery_zoom' );

Then add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard to hide the default magnifier icon.

.woocommerce-product-gallery .woocommerce-product-gallery__trigger {
      display: none;
    }

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you, Kharis! Again. I will save this code now and apply in a couple days when I get to that stage. I greatly appreciate. I will give a report on the outcome.

Also, I am not using a Child Theme. I simply don’t understand them. At all.

Can this be added to the theme functions without the Plugin and without the Child Theme?

I know it would be overwritten with theme updates, but with preparation each time to re-insert this code in the proper place, I would actually prefer that. If possible. Now that I consider the matter.

Where do I put this in the main theme? Thank you, Kharis.

Hello there,

You can use Appearance > Editor menu. And choose Sydney’s functions.php file.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/appearance-editor-screen/#edit-themes

Add the code into the most bottom line.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you so much, Kharis. I greatly prefer this approach even though it requires a little more maintenance with updates.

I will give a report on the outcome in a few days.

Dan

You’re welcome Dan!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis