Shop page formatting to full length using archive-product.php

Hi Roman,

I’m a complete beginner and my questions are probably very funny to you, but I still have trouble finding wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates folder. Do I start from Dashboard, or plugins… I’ve been trying to find any folders when I login but I still did not have luck.

When you explained CSS I found it immediately, installed plugin and started from Dashboard>Appearance etc…

Is there a step by step explanation to finding folders as well or is it safer to hire an expert?

Thank you and sorry for all the silly questions.

Best,
Anja

Hi,

I’m curious what changes you want to make with that file? We’re in the process of adding some options in Sydney Pro for Woocommerce handling so maybe your idea could be implemented as an option in case it would be useful for more people.

Hi Vlad,

I just want to make my “SHOP PAGE” in woocomerce full width. I cannot get rid of the sidebar. I need the same thing for the “PRODUCT PAGE” as well.
I saw his explanation n some other post Roman, but Roman said I should open my own topic. He explained it like this:

To make the Shop page stretched to full width, please do the following:
– copy archive-product.php template from the plugin folder into woocommerce folder within your theme folder;
– open archive-product.php (the one within theme folder) file with text editor and remove the following part of code that is located almost at the bottom:
<?php /** * woocommerce_sidebar hook. * * @hooked woocommerce_get_sidebar - 10 */ do_action( 'woocommerce_sidebar' ); ?>
– add the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.
.archive.woocommerce #primary { width: 100% !important; }

I know the second part with CSS, but I cannot figure out the first.

Thanks,
Anja

Hi,

You don’t need the first part.
See this snippet here please: http://docs.athemes.com/article/67-fullwidth-woocommerce-pages

Thank you so much Vlad! Have a great day!

Anja