SF ISO Square Shaped Thumbnails

Hello! Before anything I want to thank you for all the amazing features in The Shop. I’m a long time WP user and it’s my favorite theme I’ve ever seen! ( a link to my website )

Here’s the link to the page on my site that needs a remedy.

I’m wondering if you can help me resolve an issue. I’ve been trying for months to get my thumbnails as square shapes instead of rectangles. I’ve looked at all the support forums, even emailed individuals who know WP really well to see if anyone can suggest a solution that works—to no avail (so far).

I’ve resized my thumbnails in media settings and forced re-generation of thumbnails (three times), I’ve re-uploaded the images again after force re-gen didn’t work, I’ve changed the settings of my images wherever I saw an option, even dug into the Editor looking for a place to make the switch.

Please help. Currently, my carousel and index archive feature images are something like 400x230 Unruly Rectangle Thumbnail Image— that rectangular shape cuts off important parts of my images.

Here are the screenshots that will perhaps better illustrate what I’m trying to do…

I’d like my thumbnail images/images of Index, Archives and Related Posts, Post Loop images and Post Carousel images to be square shaped, like this…
Gorgeous & Square Shaped
The square images actually contain information… See?

I realize that the Post Carousel is a SiteOrigin feature and that the Post Loop is a feature of JetPack, and I’m asking them for help too, but someone who seems to know WP really well suggested that I may find the solution in making the change inside my theme.

I would appreciate your help in finding a solution that works.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention,
Maxximillian, Podcasting Author of Mollyville and Afterlife

P.S. My apologies if this is a repeat, my post seemed to disappear the first time!

Hello Maxximillian,

I would be glad to help you, but here you can see that image comes already cropped from wp.com.

And, just like you said, looks like it has nothing to do with theme features.

I hope that you will get help from respective plugin authors.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi

Nice site! Have you considered changing the size of the thumbnail resolution to the width of the thumbnail, then leaving the height as 999999px. remove cropping. (Under media settings)

Also, make sure you empty out any caches from caching plugins.

Are you using an image optimiser? (I use ewww)

When I looked at the code i noticed that your thumbnails are getting hard cropped:

requiem for a dream - mollyville episode 011

Double check your jetpack settings and disable photon until you resolve the problems as photon will keep a cache of your images to be served from their CDN’s.